Monday, March 5, 2007

New Bower's Museum Bride!

Saturday was such a beautiful day in Orange County! Where else in the US would it be overcast one day and 85 degrees the next? One of my favorite Florists Allison Becker of www.FlowerAllieWeddings.com referred me to a wonderful bride Andrea from Irvine. We met Saturday morning for some coffee and chit chat about possibly hiring me for their October 07' wedding at Bower's Museum. She brought along her super excited Mother Barbara. We all know how excited Mom's get but Barbara was just a sparkle of energy and although having gone through 2 of her older daughter's weddings within the last 5 years, her BABY was getting married and she was on cloud 9! Now, usually when I meet the bride and groom for the first time, I really like to find out what they are looking for in a planner? What type of Wedding were they looking for.....had they run across any inspirations yet, but more importantly, do we click? You know....that vibe that you get when you meet people for the first time? Well, this bride, her mother, and myself just CLICKED instantly. There were no ackward moments of silence, and talking to them was like talking to my own mom & sister about her upcoming wedding! These first initial meetings are always so fun for me because I really get to share my creative side and my professional side but more importantly, I want them to know that I am on their side! I was so flattered when she said "So what do we do now? We want to hire you and when you get that feeling that it's right, you know it." And that was that! I couldn't be more excited about working with a new hip and young couple at the Bowers Museum of Santa Ana this October 20th!

No comments: