Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Years In Denver!

Happy New Year Everyone! I know my blog has been a little empty lately and stay tuned for a couple weddings from 07' that I haven't had a chance to blog just yet! I usually try to keep this blog wedding related, but what the heck......I did something semi romantic so I guess this qualifies! My husband is a HUGE Denver Bronco fan. I decided to surprise him with a trip to Denver CO for his Xmas gift with 2 rad tickets to the Broncos Final game of the season. They won...in overtime....it snowed...Burrrrrrrrrr.....but we had a blast! You will notice that in nearly EVERY picture, I am wearing a beanie.....it was necessary, trust me. It was a COLD weekend!


So we started our adventure by renting this adorable shoe...err, car. Hey the gas milage was unreal so it worked. Although going over 70mph is not recommended. I think we caught air at 55mph.


We decided to check out the Coors Brewing Factory. They give you an AMAZING free tour and even hook you up with 3 beer samples at the end. What a deal!


Where Beer Magic is made......Donny being silly......We headed back to check into our hotel at the Curtis. This place is super funky and oober creative. Each Floor has a different theme. We were on the "Dance Floor"....where "Nobody puts baby in the corner......" Muah, showing off the lovely view from one of the windows....Sunday was THE GAME....Donny was pumped....Like a kid in a candy store! This was my thank you kiss....

See the pretty snow topped mountains in the background. It was such a stunning view ALL game long....even when it started snowing on us.

Donny bought me this Bronco Beanie because I lost my brand new Oakley Beannie at the Airport. I am still crying about that beannie, but he replaced it with FAN pride!


New Years Eve we decided to walk ALL over downtown.....I mean EVERYWHERE. We found the baseball field "Coors Field" where the Rockies Play.....again, Donny was overjoyed.... After all the walking in zero temperatures we worked up an appetite and grabbed some sushi at a neato restaurant down town......Afterwards we caught some fireworks downtown with thousands of locals! Good times!


Downtown Denver is one of the beautiful cities I've ever been to at Christmas time! The people were warm and friendly, the service everywhere was outstanding and we are REALLY looking forward to coming back to see another DENVER BRONCO game and enjoy the city!






7 comments:

10yearstogether said...

Happy Mew year Jem! I'm sad that you werem't with us at Claire's, but im spirit you were!

christina {simply modern weddings} said...

YAY for sharing your photos Jen! It looks like you guys had an amazing time, I can only imagine how excited the hubs must have been. BTW, I love that shoe/eyeball looking car...great gas mileage, we rent one all the time to go up North.

BriannaNichole said...

Brrrrrrrr... looks like you you had a blast. I love all the snow topped mountains, so pretty.

Kelli said...

Too cute Jen! :) Look at the smile on D's face - all of the planning was worth it!

Anonymous said...

YAY! For fellow Denver Broncos fans!!!! Great pictures Jen! When Neil and I went we enjoyed every minute as well! :0) Glad your husband loved the game! Good job on surprising your husband! Oh and you're so right about everyone being so friendly! Glad you had fun and talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

affordable maxi dress
beautiful maxi dress
maxi dresses sellers
discount maxi dress
maxi dress factory

Anonymous said...

Online shopping is one of the options to choose when you want to go for discounted bridesmaid dresses. beautiful bridal gown Check out different web portals for the availability of cheap rate dresses for the bridesmaid. beautiful bridal gowns o capture this fashion trend and to make the designer lifestyle available to every woman beautiful bride dresses