Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Showered with Love Sweet Love!!

My best friend Nicole is getting married this summer in Cambria at the Beautiful Cambria Pines Lodge. As her Maid of Honor I threw her a spectacular, tasty, and fun shower that hopefully she’ll remember forever! From paper lanterns, to my interesting re-use of flower balls (see Kelli’s wedding below) I was able to make a pretty darn cool “N” to hang! (Pics to follow of that) and thanks Kelli!! The shower was thrown at the East Lake Village Clubhouse in Yorba Linda. The view of the lake brought a peaceful, serene and elegant touch to this fab day! I created a sweets-station called “The Sweet Spot” of course because everything was in a circular theme. My poor husband didn’t see much of me this week between baking the cupcakes, to power handling those stubborn rice crispy treats! There were grown women foaming at the mouth when they saw this table and kiddies that were on a sugar high! I had the stellar Chrissy of Christine Farah Photography capture the celebration and she did an AMAZING job shooting all the unique elements and happy moments that made this shower so special. She’s phenomenal!! Champagne Kisses were my signature drink (Pink Lemonade with a kiss of Champagne...or you could have the non-spiked version) We had some super silly, and titillating moments! We played a mingling game called PINKO where it required all the ladies to get up and ask questions about each other. Nicole received some spicy gifts and even hooked me up with my Chocolate Brown Day-of Hoodie and pants to wear while we get ready on her BIG day! What's a bridal party without the matching gear?? Flowers were designed by Allison of Flower Allie and I loved how she made the centerpieces FUN and youthful! Overall, we had a fabulously delicious day and I am so proud to be Nicole's Maid of Honor and best bud!